Wake Up and Smell Your Own Death

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Have you ever fallen madly in love with someone who:

1. Doesn’t even fancy you
2. Is madly in love with someone else
3. Could never in reality become someone who you’d go home to?

If so, serve you damn right you stupid fuck.


[intermission by the much beloved Moz and Marr]

Last night I dreamt
That somebody loved me
No hope, no harm
Just another false alarm

Last night I felt
Real arms around me
No hope, no harm
Just another false alarm

So, tell me how long
Before the last one?
And tell me how long
Before the right one?

The story is old - I know
But it goes on
Oh, goes on
And on…

[back to the story line]


It hurts but I can’t help it…
I don’t know whether it’s love or not but I do know that I want you.


[Second intermission by the much beloved Moz and Marr]

Oh Mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head
And as I climb into an empty bed… Oh well. Enough said.
I know it's over - still I cling, I don't know where else I can go

Oh Mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head
See, the sea wants to take me,
The knife wants to slit me
Do you think you can help me?

Sad veiled bride, please be happy
Handsome groom, give her room
Loud, loutish lover, treat her kindly
(Though she needs you more than she loves you)
And I know it's over - still I cling, I don't know where else I can go

And it never really began
But in my heart it was so real
And you even spoke to me, and said: "If you're so funny, then why are you on your own tonight?
And if you're so clever, then why are you on your own tonight?
If you're so very entertaining, then why are you on your own tonight?
If you're so very good-looking, why do you sleep alone tonight?

I know...
'Cause tonight is just like any other night
That's why you're on your own tonight
With your triumphs and your charms
While they're in each other's arms..."
It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate
It takes strength to be gentle and kind
It takes guts to be gentle and kind
Love is Natural and Real
But not for you, my love
Not tonight, my love
Not for such as you and I, my love

0 comments: