Kerr-Ushh

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I had my first crush when i was 7. Her name was Ruziana or something like that and she was my neighbour’s cousin. Why I had a crush on her? I can’t vividly recall but it must because she was from KL and I’m from this remote town called Cha’ah. For a kampong boy, it’s cool to brag among your friends that you are “dating” this girl from KL. Juvenile and a total misconception, I know.

My next crush was in 1991 with this girl called Maria. She was with this all-girl group called Krystal who had a hit called Boom Boom Boom.
How bad was it?
Well, quite bad.
I bought a copy of Krystal’s album, cut her picture out, then paste it on another photograph just to give the authentic feel to it, and showed it to all my friends saying that she’s my new girl. Thank God none of my friends had any idea who she was – everyone was so “grunge”, thanks to Nirvana’s Nevermind.

Then there was the late Nuraina Emir. The first time I saw her in URTV, it was my mom’s copy by the way, I was like, dayum, I want a girl like her. The hair, the eyes, the smiles I was SO into her. I even dated a girl who looks like her. That bad. When the news broke that she died in a car accident, I was totally destroyed. Al-Fatihah to her and may she rest in peace, Amin.

Then there was Liv Tyler in Empire Records. The chequered cheerleader skirt, the wool blue sweater, the white cotton panty, the lips, the facial expression, she WAS and IS still IT.

I swear that Liv would be it and for the past 14 year I was loyal to her as fuck. I even denied Anne Hathaway, Angelina Jolie and Resse Witherspoon attempts in getting into my Crush’s Hall of Fame. Then she came...

I’m so sorry Liv, you’re too far away from my reach and not that she’s within reach, but at least she’s real.

0 comments: